By Relebohile Kobeli – Junior Digital Communication and Community Executive
The holidays are almost here, starting off with the biggest online shopping day, Black Friday. While Black Friday is an American custom, it marks the start of the holiday shopping season everywhere in the world. In 2018 alone, South Africans spent about R2.9bn on Black Friday, this number is expected to increase drastically this year as Black Friday is being marketed as Black Friday Week with actual sales expected to begin earlier on the Monday.
Now is the time to get your affiliate marketing program refreshed and geared for the craziness of the cyber month. Here are some recommendations and strategies on how affiliate marketers can prepare to make the most revenue during Black Friday.
First things first, if you have been in the game for long, revisit your data from Q4 2018 to help inform your planning for this year’s holiday season. Analyze last year’s performance from your secured placements looking at ROI, AOV, clicks, returns, revenue - can you repeat the same promotions again this year? Can you offer more competitive, stronger promotions?
Boost search engine rankings by creating content in advance of Black Friday to get more organic traffic to the different pages that you are promoting various company’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Do competitor research and learn what top bloggers in your niche are posting about and align your content to match with theirs. Both the title pages and onsite content should be optimized and updated, with original and relevant content for Black Friday deals that people are likely to be searching. For example, “Black Friday -iPhone 11 savings”.
- Research product niche keywords and terms.
- Write comprehensive product descriptions and reviews for products.
- Ensure meta descriptions include target keywords.
- Include LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing).
Get your site ready for Cyber Monday. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are big for online shopping, think of these days as a digital rush to your website. You want to make sure that your website is up and running, mobile compatible and responsive when BFCM rolls around.
Here are a few tools to you can try out to prepare:
- Google’s development tools will help you asses your site speed and reveal what may be causing lag or delay.
- Uptime Robot helps you monitor your websites downtown.
- Run a mobile compatibility test with google majority of the public will be surfing the net looking for deals to splurge money on using their mobile devices.
Set-up creatives and offers early so your audience and community know to expect Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals from you on the days merchant promotions kick start.
- Text Links – it is important to follow best practice when using text links – you need to be clear about what is on sale and include dates and times when promotions are going live.
- Banners – Banner placements can be a great advertising tool to prepare for Black Friday deals and can spark brand recall as people remember where they saw an ad on BFCM deals. You can run a report to identify what type and size banners best convert more on your website.
- Schedule Mail Merges and Newsletters –if you have a mailing database use it to your advantage by priming your audience to be receptive to your promotions by sharing details of what they should expect during BFCM as early as possible.
Affiliate.co.za Helps Affiliate Partners Monetise Black Friday through their Websites
Joining Aff_coza Partners is very simple and straightforward, you simply sign up FREE to our affiliate program by visiting http://affiliate.co.za/affiliates/ in order to start promoting our offers ranging from loans, insurance and e-commerce. Our Partner Acquisition executive reviews each application and approves them soon afterwards. We accept affiliate applications from any country and welcome traffic from all geographies.
Affiliates, you can join Affiliate.co.za program today FREE of charge here and start monetizing Black Friday week 2019!
Increasing sales through affiliate marketing during Black Friday & Cyber Monday week is not difficult if you know how to sell. More importantly, be prepared for these special sales well in advance. You can increase sales by focusing on giving some special offers to your blog audience. Put these strategies into place to boost your revenue during Black Friday. I hope you generate good revenue with these Black Friday affiliate marketing tips. So, what are you waiting for?